EOWPVT-4 Complete Kit includes:
Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test - 4th Edition
- Expanded age norms; oldest norms group (80+) includes persons up to 103 years
- New images for youngest and oldest ages
- Updated developmental sequence of images
- More words added for youngest ages
- Readjusted starting points
- Ability to use test with young adults, older adults
What is still true about the test?
- Easy to use items are arranged in one continuous developmental sequence (no groupings to keep track of)
- Co-normed with ROWPVT-4 to give complete picture of naming vocabulary
- Continues to focus on confrontation naming using mainly nouns - keeps interpretation clear and direct
- Test format / administration retains the same efficient features as previous edition
- Is appropriate to use with all ethnicities (all were included in the norming sample)
- Comparisons made for special populations: AD/HD, Autistic, LD, Reading Disability
- Normative sample matches US Census demographics on region, metropolitan area, ethnicity, gender, education level
Nancy A. Martin, PhD
Rick Brownell, MA
Age: 2 years through 80+
Administration: Individual; 15-20 minutes
The Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test, 4th Edition (EOWPVT-4) now features norms through geriatric ages (80+). The EOWPVT-4 is an individually administered, norm-referenced assessment of how well persons age 2 years 0 months to over 80 years can name (in English) the objects, actions, or concepts presented in full-color pictures. The EOWPVT-4 features additional items for younger children, as well as items applicable to older adults. It can also be used with persons who have experienced strokes, concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimers, Parkinsons, etc).
The test now consists of 190 items presented in a developmental sequence (based on the 2010 normative sample) that reflects the concepts with which people currently have experience through home, school, or media. The expanded norms allow use of the test with adults in various diagnostic, rehabilitation, or therapeutic settings. The EOWPVT-4 has been co-normed with the ROWPVT-4 to provide a comprehensive assessment of expressive and receptive vocabulary.
Administration and Scoring:
Color pictures are presented singly to the examinee, who is asked to name what is shown. The EOWPVT-4 retains the use of prompts and cues (shown on the Record Form) to ensure that examinees will attend to the relevant aspects of each illustration. Age-related starting points and ceilings (reached when the examinee makes a set number of consecutive errors) ensure that only a subset of items (the critical range) is administered.
The EOWPVT-4 is untimed and can be administered in about 20 minutes. Scoring is easy and straightforward, generally taking less than 5 minutes. Raw scores are reported as standard scores, percentile ranks, and (if necessary) age equivalents.
User Qualifications Required ... See Order Form Here